Welcome to the Hay Creek Hotels career page and thank you for considering joining our team of leading hospitality professionals, all dedicated to the most unique collection of independent full-service boutique hotels and restaurants.
In 2005, we set out to fulfill a singular vision –to find unique independent hotel properties located in special places and dedicated toward exceeding customer expectations by embracing the individual personality, historic stories, and community significance of each property. We want to do the same for our associates by recognizing their strengths, goals, and showcasing their qualities to propel them into the next step in their career.
Our mission, “Delight and Surprise,” is simple and addresses all we touch – our Guests, Partners, Communities, and equally as important – our Host Associates. Hay Creek Hotels believes in rewarding those who go above and beyond for our guests and co-workers.
As a Hay Creek Host, you would have the opportunity to join a team of friendly, well-trained and enthusiastic associates that form the heart of our hospitality mission. Congratulations on starting the opportunity to pursue your professional career with us.
We encourage you to explore our unique properties and look forward to hearing from you.
VP of Human Resources
Beliefs and Culture
Hay Creek Beliefs
Promote and support a culture that Delights & Surprises each of our customers, associates and all our business partners.
Our Host Philosophy encourages each associate to develop the skills necessary to offer outstanding hospitality service
outside the scope of their primary job responsibilities.
The Associate Promise is our commitment to truly listen to and communicate openly and honestly to all team members.
We embrace Pride Of Ownership to create an “I can, I am, I own” empowered approach to everything we do.
Partnering in our Local Community and respecting the environment we live in are beliefs we practice in our day to day activities.
Hay Creek Hotels offers a competitive benefit package to our valued Host Associates.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as $49/night at all HCH Properties
- Hotel discounts at specified property (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through WorkingAdvantage (Disney, Hotels, Rental Cars, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spa’s, golf courses, fitness rooms and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - "Delight and Surprise Dollars"
- Accelerated Career Advancement, to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs
Professional Development Program
The Hay Creek Hotels Professional Development Program has been uniquely designed to take participants step-by-step through four progressive phases of training in order to prepare them to become one of HCH’s elite managers within our ever growing portfolio of hotel and restaurant properties.
This program is distinctive in that an associate or recent graduate can take the program at their own pace and only move on to the next phase when they feel comfortable. Whether a current or new Host Associate, they will cover line level operations, human relations management, hotel procedures, legal requirements, and operational oversight in the division of focus.
Upon completion, the candidate has the choice to determine their next step. Once the program has been completed in full, PDP grads are eligible for all opportunities at any of our HCH locations.
Hay Creek Hotels understands the value in providing continuous education for their employees and managers. By offering developmental training through Quarterly Training Sessions, providing multiple e-learning modules to all staff members, and sponsoring participation in industry-based seminars, we provide a surplus of resources to encourage our associates to reach their greatest potential.
Internships & Student Involvement
Many of our Hay Creek Host Associates are current students or alumni from local colleges and universities. We welcome all students and alumni with diverse backgrounds in customer service, marketing, business administration, hotel and lodging management, culinary and pastry, and hospitality management. A variety of internships, part time, full time, and on call opportunities are available for busy students in need of flexibility.
Hay Creek Hotels proudly partners with:
- Southern Maine Community College
- University of New England
- Southern New Hampshire University
- University of New Hampshire
- Great Bay Community College
- Endicott College
- Salem State University
- University of Massachusetts
- Boston University
- Fisher College
- Western Connecticut State University
- Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Johnson & Wales University
- New England Culinary Institute
- University of Wisconsin
- Normandale Community College
- University of Minnesota
- St. Catherine University
- University of St. Thomas
- Southwest Minnesota State University
Why Choose Hay Creek Hotels?
"I chose to intern with Hay Creek because their size gave me the attention I needed, and their portfolio of unique properties gave me the opportunity to define my experience and grow my network."
Christopher Horack, Endicott College '18
“Working with Hay Creek Hotels has provided me with an invaluable working experience; each day is interesting and ever-changing, the staff is amazing, there are mentors and managers willing to teach you and pass on their skills, and there’s opportunity for growth and development. If you’re looking for a company that’s built to last and fully committed to their industry, Hay Creek Hotels is one of the best.”
Heather Cox, Rooms Director of Hay Creek Hotels at Kennebunkport
“I started with The Centennial Hotel as an AM server one day a week. From there I slowly worked my way up, getting my feet wet in banquets, off-site catering, maintenance, front desk, banquet captain, restaurant supervising, and now promoted to Rooms Division Manager. The Centennial is a great place to cross-train and grow as a well-rounded employee. I have been with The Centennial for almost four years now and plan on many more.”
Connor St. Laurent, Rooms Division Manager at Centennial Hotel